The Manitoba Prostate Cancer Support Group does not recommend treatment modalities, medications,
or physicians. All information is, however, freely shared.
The Manitoba Prostate Cancer Support Group encourages wives, loved ones, and friends to attend all meetings.
Feel free to ask basic or personal questions without fear of embarrassment. You need not give out your name or other personal information.
We meet every third Thursday of the month, 7 - 9 p.m. at Seven Oaks Hospital Auditorium, Leila and McPhillips St.
- January 17...Dr. Kevin Saunders, Family Physician
- Controversy in PSA testing – Both Sides of the Story
- February 21...Ed Bailey
- My 13 years of Active Surveillance
- March 21...Dr. Dhali Dhaliwal, President & CEO – CancerCare MB
- How Research can Improve Prostate Cancer Outcomes
- April 18... Gayle Nichol, C.R.N. Prostate Centre
- Living with Androgen Deprivation
- May 16...Dr. Kelli Berzuk,
Incontinence & Pelvic Pain Clinic
- Fireside chat on the Pelvic Floor Muscle"
- June 20...Pam Johnston – Nurse Practitioner, Pain Symptom &Management
- "Why Am I So tired?"
- July 18...Members Forum
– Enjoy a relaxing evening while members describe their PCa journey.
Snacks < beverage
- August 15...
"Q. & A. Open Forum"
C.R.N. at the Prostate Centre &
Dr. Darrel Drachenberg, Urologist &
Director of Research at the Prostate Centre
- September 17...Prostate Health Awareness Evening – Caboto Centre, 1055 Wilkes Ave. Date: Sept. 17. Time: 7 – 9 pm.
Presenters: Dr. Jeff Saranchuk, Urologist < Medical Director - CancerCare Manitoba.
Dr. Jeff Sisler, Family Physician < Medical Lead – Primary Care Oncology Program.
- October 17...Pat Murphy - Clinical Ethicist,
"Health Care Directives -
Do they provide the relief they promise?"
- November 21...Dr. Harvey Quon, Radiation Oncologist
"Intimate Fire-Side Chat on Radiation Options & Fractionation in Winnipeg"
- December 12...Christmas Pot Luck Party
Entertainment by: Campfire Junkies